We have an in-house infrastructure to lead, promote and support the creation and methodological processes to produce evidence-based guidelines, critical tools to confront a rapidly changing health care environment. We provide the following forms of support to members of the specialty sections:
- Refining an initial idea
- Creating a multidisciplinary task force
- Evidence tables development
- Librarian and methodological support
- Grading criteria for levels of evidence and recommendation
- Assistance with writing, peer review and endorsement by the CNS/AANS joint guidelines committee
- Publication logistics/liaison with Neurosurgery®
CNS Guidelines Committee
The CNS guidelines committee is responsible for the review and approval of nominations to develop evidence-based guidelines, oversight of the guideline development task forces and methodological processes used to develop internally produced guidelines.
CNS/AANS Joint Guidelines Committee
The CNS/AANS joint guidelines committee is responsible for the evaluation of internally and externally produced clinical practice guidelines of potential relevance to neurosurgical practice and recommending approval or revisions before approval by the parent organizations (CNS executive committee and the AANS board of directors).