1. Mizutani T, Aruga T, Kirino T, Miki Y, Saito I, Tsuchida T. Recurrent subarachnoid hemorrhage from untreated ruptured vertebrobasilar dissecting aneurysms. Neurosurgery. 1995;36:905-911; discussion 912-903.
2. Arnold M, Bousser MG, Fahrni G, Fischer U, Georgiadis D, Gandjour J, et al. Vertebral artery dissection: Presenting findings and predictors of outcome. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2006;37:2499-2503.
3. Ro A, Kageyama N, Abe N, Takatsu A, Fukunaga T. Intracranial vertebral artery dissection resulting in fatal subarachnoid hemorrhage: Clinical and histopathological investigations from a medicolegal perspective. Journal of neurosurgery. 2009;110:948-954.
4. Kurata A, Ohmomo T, Miyasaka Y, Fujii K, Kan S, Kitahara T. Coil embolization for the treatment of ruptured dissecting vertebral aneurysms. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2001;22:11-18.
5. Suh SH, Kim BM, Park SI, Kim DI, Shin YS, Kim EJ, et al. Stent-assisted coil embolization followed by a stent-within-a-stent technique for ruptured dissecting aneurysms of the intracranial vertebrobasilar artery. Clinical article. Journal of neurosurgery. 2009;111:48-52.
6. Leibowitz R, Do HM, Marcellus ML, Chang SD, Steinberg GK, Marks MP. Parent vessel occlusion for vertebrobasilar fusiform and dissecting aneurysms. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2003;24:902-907.
7. Kim BM, Shin YS, Kim SH, Suh SH, Ihn YK, Kim DI, et al. Incidence and risk factors of recurrence after endovascular treatment of intracranial vertebrobasilar dissecting aneurysms. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2011;42:2425-2430.
8. Ferns SP, Sprengers ME, van Rooij WJ, Rinkel GJ, van Rijn JC, Bipat S, et al. Coiling of intracranial aneurysms: A systematic review on initial occlusion and reopening and retreatment rates. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2009;40:e523-529.
9. Campi A, Ramzi N, Molyneux AJ, Summers PE, Kerr RS, Sneade M, et al. Retreatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms in patients randomized by coiling or clipping in the international subarachnoid aneurysm trial (isat). Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2007;38:1538-1544.
10. Sluzewski M, van Rooij WJ, Rinkel GJ, Wijnalda D. Endovascular treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms with detachable coils: Long-term clinical and serial angiographic results. Radiology. 2003;227:720-724.
11. O'Kelly C, Macdonald RL. Coiling and aneurysm rerupture: Incomplete treatment is a causal intermediate not a confounder. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2008;39:e121; author reply e122.
12. Luo B, Yang X, Wang S, Li H, Chen J, Yu H, et al. High shear stress and flow velocity in partially occluded aneurysms prone to recanalization. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2011;42:745-753.
13. Lieber BB, Stancampiano AP, Wakhloo AK. Alteration of hemodynamics in aneurysm models by stenting: Influence of stent porosity. Annals of biomedical engineering. 1997;25:460-469.
14. Kim M, Levy EI, Meng H, Hopkins LN. Quantification of hemodynamic changes induced by virtual placement of multiple stents across a wide-necked basilar trunk aneurysm. Neurosurgery. 2007;61:1305-1312; discussion 1312-1303.
15. Meng H, Wang Z, Kim M, Ecker RD, Hopkins LN. Saccular aneurysms on straight and curved vessels are subject to different hemodynamics: Implications of intravascular stenting. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2006;27:1861-1865.
16. Johnston SC, Dowd CF, Higashida RT, Lawton MT, Duckwiler GR, Gress DR. Predictors of rehemorrhage after treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms: The cerebral aneurysm rerupture after treatment (carat) study. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2008;39:120-125.
17. Saatci I, Yavuz K, Ozer C, Geyik S, Cekirge HS. Treatment of intracranial aneurysms using the pipeline flow-diverter embolization device: A single-center experience with long-term follow-up results. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2012;33:1436-1446.
18. Lubicz B, Collignon L, Raphaeli G, Pruvo JP, Bruneau M, De Witte O, et al. Flow-diverter stent for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms: A prospective study in 29 patients with 34 aneurysms. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2010;41:2247-2253.
19. Raymond J, Guilbert F, Weill A, Georganos SA, Juravsky L, Lambert A, et al. Long-term angiographic recurrences after selective endovascular treatment of aneurysms with detachable coils. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2003;34:1398-1403.
20. Nguyen TN, Hoh BL, Amin-Hanjani S, Pryor JC, Ogilvy CS. Comparison of ruptured vs unruptured aneurysms in recanalization after coil embolization. Surgical neurology. 2007;68:19-23.
21. Grunwald IQ, Papanagiotou P, Struffert T, Politi M, Krick C, Gul G, et al. Recanalization after endovascular treatment of intracerebral aneurysms. Neuroradiology. 2007;49:41-47.
22. Lawson MF, Newman WC, Chi YY, Mocco JD, Hoh BL. Stent-associated flow remodeling causes further occlusion of incompletely coiled aneurysms. Neurosurgery. 2011;69:598-603; discussion 603-594.
23. Fargen KM, Hoh BL, Welch B, Lee Pride G, Lanzino G, Boulos AS, et al. Long-term results of enterprise stent-assisted coiling of cerebral aneurysms. Neurosurgery. 2012
24. Santillan A, Greenberg E, Patsalides A, Salvaggio K, Riina HA, Gobin YP. Long-term clinical and angiographic results of neuroform stent-assisted coil embolization in wide-necked intracranial aneurysms. Neurosurgery. 2012;70:1232-1237; discussion 1237.
25. Ahn SS, Kim BM, Suh SH, Kim DJ, Kim DI, Shin YS, et al. Spontaneous symptomatic intracranial vertebrobasilar dissection: Initial and follow-up imaging findings. Radiology. 2012
26. Hasan DM, Nadareyshvili AI, Hoppe AL, Mahaney KB, Kung DK, Raghavan ML. Cerebral aneurysm sac growth as the etiology of recurrence after successful coil embolization. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. 2012;43:866-868.
27. Takagi T, Takayasu M, Suzuki Y, Yoshida J. Prediction of rebleeding from angiographic features in vertebral artery dissecting aneurysms. Neurosurgical review. 2007;30:32-38; discussion 38-39.
28. Kono K, Fujimoto T, Shintani A, Terada T. Hemodynamic characteristics at the rupture site of cerebral aneurysms: A case study. Neurosurgery. 2012
29. Cebral JR, Mut F, Raschi M, Scrivano E, Ceratto R, Lylyk P, et al. Aneurysm rupture following treatment with flow-diverting stents: Computational hemodynamics analysis of treatment. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2011;32:27-33.
30. Turowski B, Macht S, Kulcsar Z, Hanggi D, Stummer W. Early fatal hemorrhage after endovascular cerebral aneurysm treatment with a flow diverter (silk-stent): Do we need to rethink our concepts? Neuroradiology. 2011;53:37-41.
31. Kulcsar Z, Houdart E, Bonafe A, Parker G, Millar J, Goddard AJ, et al. Intra-aneurysmal thrombosis as a possible cause of delayed aneurysm rupture after flow-diversion treatment. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. 2011;32:20-25.