References: 1. Bederson JB, Awad IA, Wiebers DO, Piepgras D, Haley EC, Jr., Brott T, Hademenos G, Chyatte D, Rosenwasser R, Caroselli C: Recommendations for the management of patients with unruptured intracranial aneurysms: A statement for healthcare professionals from the stroke council of the american heart association. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 31:2742-2750, 2000.
2. Byrne JV, Sohn MJ, Molyneux AJ, Chir B: Five-year experience in using coil embolization for ruptured intracranial aneurysms: Outcomes and incidence of late rebleeding. Journal of neurosurgery 90:656-663, 1999.
3. Cognard C, Weill A, Castaings L, Rey A, Moret J: Intracranial berry aneurysms: Angiographic and clinical results after endovascular treatment. Radiology 206:499-510, 1998.
4. Cognard C, Weill A, Spelle L, Piotin M, Castaings L, Rey A, Moret J: Long-term angiographic follow-up of 169 intracranial berry aneurysms occluded with detachable coils. Radiology 212:348-356, 1999.
5. Fernandez Zubillaga A, Guglielmi G, Vinuela F, Duckwiler GR: Endovascular occlusion of intracranial aneurysms with electrically detachable coils: Correlation of aneurysm neck size and treatment results. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology 15:815-820, 1994.
6. Grunwald IQ, Papanagiotou P, Struffert T, Politi M, Krick C, Gul G, Reith W: Recanalization after endovascular treatment of intracerebral aneurysms. Neuroradiology 49:41-47, 2007.
7. Hayakawa M, Murayama Y, Duckwiler GR, Gobin YP, Guglielmi G, Vinuela F: Natural history of the neck remnant of a cerebral aneurysm treated with the guglielmi detachable coil system. Journal of neurosurgery 93:561-568, 2000.
8. Johnston SC, Dudley RA, Gress DR, Ono L: Surgical and endovascular treatment of unruptured cerebral aneurysms at university hospitals. Neurology 52:1799-1805, 1999.
9. Macdonald RL, Wallace MC, Kestle JR: Role of angiography following aneurysm surgery. Journal of neurosurgery 79:826-832, 1993.
10. Molyneux A, Kerr R, Stratton I, Sandercock P, Clarke M, Shrimpton J, Holman R: International subarachnoid aneurysm trial (isat) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: A randomised trial. Lancet 360:1267-1274, 2002.
11. Murayama Y, Vinuela F, Duckwiler GR, Gobin YP, Guglielmi G: Embolization of incidental cerebral aneurysms by using the guglielmi detachable coil system. Journal of neurosurgery 90:207-214, 1999.
12. Ng P, Khangure MS, Phatouros CC, Bynevelt M, ApSimon H, McAuliffe W: Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with guglielmi detachable coils: Analysis of midterm angiographic and clinical outcomes. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 33:210-217, 2002.
13. Nguyen TN, Hoh BL, Amin-Hanjani S, Pryor JC, Ogilvy CS: Comparison of ruptured vs unruptured aneurysms in recanalization after coil embolization. Surgical neurology 68:19-23, 2007.
14. Rankin J: Cerebral vascular accidents in patients over the age of 60. Ii. Prognosis. Scottish medical journal 2:200-215, 1957.
15. Raymond J, Guilbert F, Weill A, Georganos SA, Juravsky L, Lambert A, Lamoureux J, Chagnon M, Roy D: Long-term angiographic recurrences after selective endovascular treatment of aneurysms with detachable coils. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 34:1398-1403, 2003.
16. Raymond J, Roy D: Safety and efficacy of endovascular treatment of acutely ruptured aneurysms. Neurosurgery 41:1235-1245; discussion 1245-1236, 1997.
17. Raymond J, Roy D, Bojanowski M, Moumdjian R, L'Esperance G: Endovascular treatment of acutely ruptured and unruptured aneurysms of the basilar bifurcation. Journal of neurosurgery 86:211-219, 1997.
18. Roy D, Milot G, Raymond J: Endovascular treatment of unruptured aneurysms. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 32:1998-2004, 2001.
19. Sluzewski M, van Rooij WJ, Slob MJ, Bescos JO, Slump CH, Wijnalda D: Relation between aneurysm volume, packing, and compaction in 145 cerebral aneurysms treated with coils. Radiology 231:653-658, 2004.
20. Tamatani S, Ito Y, Abe H, Koike T, Takeuchi S, Tanaka R: Evaluation of the stability of aneurysms after embolization using detachable coils: Correlation between stability of aneurysms and embolized volume of aneurysms. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology 23:762-767, 2002.
21. Tan IY, Agid RF, Willinsky RA: Recanalization rates after endovascular coil embolization in a cohort of matched ruptured and unruptured cerebral aneurysms. Interventional neuroradiology : journal of peritherapeutic neuroradiology, surgical procedures and related neurosciences 17:27-35, 2011.
22. Thornton J, Debrun GM, Aletich VA, Bashir Q, Charbel FT, Ausman J: Follow-up angiography of intracranial aneurysms treated with endovascular placement of guglielmi detachable coils. Neurosurgery 50:239-249; discussion 249-250, 2002.
23. Vinuela F, Duckwiler G, Mawad M: Guglielmi detachable coil embolization of acute intracranial aneurysm: Perioperative anatomical and clinical outcome in 403 patients. Journal of neurosurgery 86:475-482, 1997.
24. Xavier AR, Abdelbaky A, Rayes M, Tiwari A, Narayanan S: Clinical and angiographic outcome in patients with completely occluded intracranial aneurysms by endovascular coiling: Our experience. Journal of neurointerventional surgery, 2011.