- DEI Committee worked with the CNS Executive Committee (EC) and Staff in the summer of 2021, and the CNS administered a survey to EC members to measure inclusivity amongst EC members. The EC also participated in an DEI workshop led by Goodstock Consulting.
- DEI work with CNS Membership:
- Best practices instituted to ensure diversity of faculty invited for CNS sponsored educational offerings
- Subcommittees convened to work on engaging neurosurgeons from diverse backgrounds
- Inaugural course at 2021 Annual Meeting entitled Leadership and Diversity which will include discussions led by Goodstock Consulting
- Session at 2022 Annual Meeting "The Changing Face of Neurosurgery: Navigating Workplace Culture"
- DEI work with our community:
- Pathway to Neurosurgery program
- Inviting local high school students for a day at the Annual Meeting to be a "neurosurgeon for a day." In honor of the late Dr. Tim George and in collaboration with Breakthrough.
- Community Engagement Program
- Empowering local neurosurgeons to engage with local high school students for mentoring and scholarship. Pilot project in collaboration with Dr. Sonia Eden.
Pathway to Neurosurgery
Pathway to Neurosurgery Program
Special thank you to all our volunteers who participated in the 2022 program!