Have an innovation that will benefit the field of neurosurgery? Submit it for the CNS' sixth annual competition for the Innovator of the Year Award! This award is open to individuals, companies, and programs.
The top three finalists will present their innovation in the CNS Xperience Lounge at the 2023 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. and meeting attendees will have the opportunity to vote for the winner onsite.
The winner will be announced during Wednesday’s General Scientific Session.
NEW THIS YEAR: Awardees will be invited to present updates on their neurosurgical innovation on multiple CNS platforms through the 2024 annual meeting. They will also be provided with priority access to the growing CNS Innovation community for networking and further career development.
Past Award Winners:
- 2022: Brandon Sherrod, MD | Motorized Robotic Closed Cervical Traction | University of Utah Health Care | Salt Lake City, UT
- 2021: Samuel Browd, MD, PhD | Proprio Paradigm System | University of Washington | Seattle, WA
- 2019: Lynn McGrath, MD | Harnessing AI and Smartphones to Develop the Next Generation of TBI Diagnostics | University of Washington/Harborview Medical Center | Seattle, WA
- 2018: Nirmeen Zagzoog, MD | Novel Extended Vertebral Registration for Wrong Level Spinal Surgery (NEVER Wrong) | McMaster University | Hamilton Ontario, Canada
- 2017: Daniel A. Orringer, MD | For his work on work on rapid intraoperative diagnosis through Stimulated Raman Histology | NYU Langone Health | New York, NY
The submission deadline for the 2023 CNS Innovator of the Year Award has passed.