Do you have an inspiring story to share with your fellow neurosurgeons? Submit it for the opportunity to present at the 2021 CNS Annual Meeting in Austin. No experience is required—only inspiring stories!
Professionals from Tell&Act, a Boston-based organization, will provide coaching to all tellers. A maximum of five tellers will be selected to share their stories in the CNS Xperience Lounge on Tuesday, October 19 starting at 1:45 pm. Stories may be humorous or dramatic, as long as they are authentic experiences.
Consider the following questions:
- When were you most inspired in your field? By a colleague or patient?
- When did you question your impact or find yourself facing an impossible situation?
- When you look back in life, what moments will you remember most?
Story Pitch Requirements
- True and first-person narrative that can be told in 6–8 minutes
- A short description of your story (150 words or fewer), including:
- What happens in the story (i.e., the arc—beginning, middle, and end)
- Why it was a memorable experience for you
- The tone of the story (e.g., funny, sad, sarcastic, etc.)
- Submit your pitch by (NEED DATE)
- Participants must register for the Annual Meeting.
If Your Story Is Selected
If your story is selected for the event, you will receive 5-6 hours of individual coaching from Tell&Act experts. The coaches will help you focus and edit your story and prepare for delivery. The coaching will be held via telephone or online beginning mid-August, up until the meeting.
Storytellers will be required to send an audio recording of their draft and will receive both written and verbal feedback. Coaches will work around the teller's schedule and coaching can take place during the day, evening, or weekend. Failure to send recordings in a timely manner or participate in the coaching sessions may result in your story being replaced.
Submission deadline: (NEED DATE)
Submit Your Story