Residents, take advantage of the many perks offered just for you at the 2022 CNS Annual Meeting, including limited complimentary housing for CNS resident members, course tickets for Sergeant-at-Arms participants, and complimentary tickets to the Honored Guest Luncheon.
Discounted tickets to Symposia and Lunch Seminars are also available to residents. Register early to be sure to get a ticket to your preferred sessions!
Make new contacts and reconnect with peers at the Resident SANS Challenge, the CNS Resident Social, and many outstanding educational courses for residents. Gain the knowledge and techniques you need to advance your career, enhance your learning, and improve patient care!
Resident SANS Challenge
We are thrilled to invite your neurosurgical residency program to participate in the 2022 CNS SANS Challenge! The SANS Challenge qualifying exam is held as a team event to build camaraderie, better provide feedback, and increase participation.
This is not a practice test. Once the exam has been launched, this will serve as your team’s final qualifying score. If more than one resident from the same institution has accessed the exam, your team will be automatically disqualified.
- Each program can submit one exam between now and June 3, 2022.
- The exam has 100 questions and your team has 30 minutes to submit as many correct answers as you can.
- A CNS member must log in here to access the exam.
- As soon as you click Launch, the 30-minute timer begins.
- Qualifying programs will be notified by June 20, 2022, to allow time to assemble a team of two residents and one faculty member from the selected institution and make travel arrangements.
- The programs with the top scores will be invited to participate in the Live, On-Site Challenge at the CNS Annual Meeting, October 8-12, in San Francisco, California.
- The live challenge will have multiple prequalifying rounds, followed by a 45-minute final round where the top teams will compete for undisputable SANS bragging rights, trophies, and cash prizes!
The SANS Challenge reflects a milestones-based assessment, uses peer-vetted questions, and accurately represents the high educational standards SANS has brought to neurosurgery self-assessment and education for more than a decade.
CNS Annual Meeting Abstract Competition and Awards
Will your residency program take home the top awards? Submit your original science for the 2022 CNS Annual Meeting! Awards and recognition will be granted to the top three residency programs with the highest number of accepted abstracts. Submissions may also qualify for various resident and subspecialty abstract awards. Abstract submission deadline: June 8, 2022.
Residents and Fellows, choose to participate in the Sergeant-at-Arms (SAA) Program at the 2022 CNS Annual Meeting in San Francisco, California, and attend your assigned course for free!
When registering for the meeting, click the box indicating you would like to volunteer as an SAA. You will then be able to select the sessions for which you are interested in volunteering. If selected, you will be contacted by a CNS staff member with your assigned session(s) (based on your preferences). This is first-come, first-served with only one opportunity per session. The duties of the Sergeant-at-Arms includes scanning attendee badges for your selected course, serving as the liaison to moderators for session onsite requirements, and assisting with the collection of ACCME required forms.
For questions about the Sergeant-at-Arms Program, please contact Ellyn Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complimentary Housing for CNS Resident Members
Complimentary housing at the CNS Annual Meeting is available to a limited number of CNS Resident members and International Vista Resident members on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note: Residents who choose to reserve a room through the CNS Annual Meeting Registration and Housing Center and are later accepted into the CNS Resident Housing Program are responsible for cancelling their original reservation. Applicants requesting double occupancy will be given priority over single-occupancy applications.
To be considered for this program, CNS Resident members must:
- Complete and submit the Resident member housing application by July 15, 2022. Completed applications should be submitted by email: email@example.com.
- Register for the 2022 CNS Annual Meeting by July 15, 2022.
- All residents enrolled in ACGME approved programs have been automatically given complimentary CNS Resident membership.
- If you are not a CNS Resident member or International Vista Resident member, please complete your membership application by July 15 2022. You may also apply for CNS membership when you register for the Annual Meeting online, and will be eligible for the Resident Member registration rate.
CNS Resident Social
Tuesday, October 11, 2022
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Come build relationships at this relaxed and informal networking event.
Residents, if you are within two to three years of completing your residency, this event is perfect for you! Establish a network of contacts with recruiters and practicing physicians who are looking to add to their practice.