NEUROSURGERY® Publications at the 2019 CNS Annual Meeting
For the 2019 CNS Annual Meeting, NEUROSURGERY® Publications will offer attendees several ways to engage with journal features and products, its leadership and staff, as well as authors featured in the pages of Neurosurgery and Operative Neurosurgery!
Journal leadership and staff will be available in the CNS Xperience Lounge to share the latest initiatives and developments in Neurosurgery, Operative Neurosurgery, Clinical Neurosurgery, and The Surgeon’s Armamentarium. Stop by to review the latest issues of Neurosurgery and Operative Neurosurgery and learn about special features including recent supplement publications, ongoing review series, enhanced abstracts, and call for papers. You can also learn about and interact with several digital features including CNS Spotlight, Neurosurgery & Operative Neurosurgery Speaks, CNS Journal Club Podcast, and The Surgeon’s Armamentarium.
Xperience Lounge Highlights
- Copies of recent issues of Neurosurgery, Operative Neurosurgery, and Clinical Neurosurgery will be on display and available free of charge. Clinical Neurosurgery promotional pieces are printed once yearly and are a popular item. Be sure to claim your copy as they are limited!
- Neurosurgery & Operative Neurosurgery Speaks will be featured for those interested in listening to select journal article abstracts in one of 10 languages.
- The CNS Journal Club Podcast, featuring essential journal article conversations with the authors will be featured for those interested in engaging with content in a classic journal club format.
- CNS Spotlight, a monthly journal feature highlighting content in Neurosurgery with relevant content from the CNS web of knowledge, will be on display for those interested in learning more about this curated experience.
- The Surgeon’s Armamentarium, with a new look for 2019, will be on display and demonstrations by journal staff will be provided upon request.
- Residents are encouraged to stop by to learn more about the yearly NEUROSURGERY® Publications Resident Fellowship in addition to other ways they can get involved with the peer-review process and journal operations.
- Journal staff and representatives will be available throughout the meeting to assist with questions, comments, and suggestions attendees may have on any journal related topic big or small. Please bring your thoughts and ideas to the Xperience Lounge!
General Scientific Session Highlights
- Editor-in-Chief, Nelson M. Oyesiku, MD, PhD, FACS, will address the meeting during General Scientific Session on Tuesday, October 22 at 8:42 am. During his address, Dr. Oyesiku will discuss current journal initiatives as well as review NEUROSURGERY® Publications’ progress and accomplishments from over the past year.
- Returning in 2019, the Neurosurgery Paper of the Year will recognize the most potentially impactful papers published in Neurosurgery from July 2018 to May 2019. Papers considered are those that challenge dogma, create a paradigm shift, propose new approaches to patient care, or analyze and interpret big data and trial results. Awards will be given for Top Paper of the Year and Paper of the Year: Section Level (chosen from select subspecialties). The recipient of the Top Paper of the Year award will be honored with a presentation during a General Scientific Session. Paper of the Year: Section Level winners will be honored with a presentation during the appropriate section session. Hear about the best science published in the pages of Neurosurgery by attending a Paper of the Year presentation!
- New for 2019, the Operative Techniques and Case-Based Discussion Sessions available for each section, will begin with 1-2 speakers who will highlight surgical technique with an operative video. Drawing on the vast multimedia resources of Operative Neurosurgery, many of these presentations will be given by authors of some of the most highly viewed Surgical Video articles published in the journal. Following this, select authors of accepted Operative Techniques abstracts will present their novel work, followed by case-based discussions by subspecialty experts on cases submitted by members and attendees. The Operative Techniques and Case-Based Discussion Sessions will be offered for each section and on Monday, October 21 and Tuesday, October 22 from 4:15 – 5:45 pm. Please join us! ®
- New for 2019, the NEUROSURGERY Publications: Meet the Editors session will treat attendees to presentations from the Editors-in-Chief of several leading journals in neurosurgery including Neurosurgery, World Neurosurgery, Acta Neurochirurgica, and Journal of Neurosurgery, outlining their experiences with the peer review process. Panelists will share their thoughts on how to most effectively contribute to this process and then stay for a Q&A with the audience. This session will take place on Tuesday, October 22nd from 1:00 – 2:00 pm at the Moscone West Convention Center in Room 3002. Please join us for this rare opportunity!