State-of-the-Art Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Event Date:Thursday, October 27, 2016 (All day) to Saturday, October 29, 2016 (All day)
About the Event:
Responding to the increased familiarity with endonasal endoscopic skull base surgery, we have modified the program to start at a higher level of expertise, and to promote discussions related to treatment algorithms of specific diseases. However, we recognize the value of refreshing basic concepts; and that our course caters to participants with a variety of levels of training and experience. Therefore, we will provide the participants with a series of video-lectures and video-prosections to fulfill these needs. This video-lecture series will allow the participants to enjoy the benefits of both a traditional lecture-style course based on anatomic and technical concepts, and a course with a new interactive format emphasizing decision-making and disease-oriented discussions. Participants will in fact enroll in two courses, a home study course and the hands-on course without additional costs. The course comprises:
1. Pre-course video-lectures addressing the basic principles of endoscopic skull base surgery, anatomy of the sinonasal tract and skull base, and basic surgical technique and instrumentation. These will be provided to registered participants one month prior to the course, as the program will start at a level that presumes familiarity with these principles.
2. Anatomical prosections (videos will be provided one month prior to the course).
3. Laminated dissection manual (a digital version will be provided one month prior to the course)
4. Sequence of complementary didactic lectures, round tables and panel discussions (open format with audience participation), 3-D anatomical reviews and hands-on cadaveric dissection.
5. Live surgery will be transmitted directly to the auditorium where the participants may interact with the surgeons and other members of the faculty.