References: 1. Day AL. Aneurysms of the ophthalmic segment. A clinical and anatomical analysis. Journal of neurosurgery. May 1990;72(5):677-691.
2. Drake CG, Vanderlinden RG, Amacher AL. Carotid-ophthalmic aneurysms. Journal of neurosurgery. Jul 1968;29(1):24-31.
3. Bouthillier A, van Loveren HR, Keller JT. Segments of the internal carotid artery: a new classification. Neurosurgery. Mar 1996;38(3):425-432; discussion 432-423.
4. Figueiredo EG TW, Rhoton AL, Oliveira E. Surgical nuances of giant paraclinoid aneurysms. Neurosurgical Review 2010;33(1):27-36.
5. De Jesus O, Sekhar LN, Riedel CJ. Clinoid and paraclinoid aneurysms: surgical anatomy, operative techniques, and outcome. Surgical neurology. May 1999;51(5):477-487; discussion 487-478.
6. Batjer HH KT, Giller CA, Samson DS. Surgery for paraclinoid carotid artery aneurysms J Neurosrug. 1993;80:650-658.
7. Wang Y LY, Jiang C, Jiang F, Meng H, Siddiqui AH, Yang X. Endovascular treatment of paraclinoid aneurysm: 142 aneurysms in one center. J Neurointerv Surg. 2013;5(6):552-556.
8. Becske T, Kallmes DF, Saatci I, et al. Pipeline for uncoilable or failed aneurysms: results from a multicenter clinical trial. Radiology. Jun 2013;267(3):858-868.
9. Nelson PK, Lylyk P, Szikora I, Wetzel SG, Wanke I, Fiorella D. The pipeline embolization device for the intracranial treatment of aneurysms trial. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. Jan 2011;32(1):34-40.
10. Lanzino G CE, Cloft HJ, Hanel R, Kallmes DF. Efficacy and safety of flow diversion for paraclinoid aneurysms: a matched-pair analysis compared with standard endovascular approaches. AJNR. 2012;33(11):2158-2161.
11. D'Urso PI KH, Kallmes DF, Cloft HJ, Lanzino. Coiling for paraclinoid aneurysms: time to make way for flow diverters? AJNR. 2012;33(8):1470-1474.
12. Chalouhi N, Starke RM, Yang S, et al. Extending the indications of flow diversion to small, unruptured, saccular aneurysms of the anterior circulation. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. Jan 2014;45(1):54-58.
13. Welch BG, Aoun SG, Pride GL, et al. 304 The Contribution of Whole Platelet Aggregometry to the Endovascular Management of Unruptured Aneurysms: An Institutional Experience. Neurosurgery. Aug 2016;63 Suppl 1:187.
14. Adams H, Ban VS, Leinonen V, et al. Risk of Shunting After Aneurysmal Subarachnoid Hemorrhage: A Collaborative Study and Initiation of a Consortium. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation. Oct 2016;47(10):2488-2496.
15. Ban VS, Beecher JS, Eddleman CS, et al. 115 The Southwestern Aneurysm Scoring Index Prediction of Outcomes at 1 Year in Ruptured Aneurysms Treated With Microsurgery. Neurosurgery. Aug 2016;63 Suppl 1:148-149.
16. Parkinson RJ, Bendok BR, Getch CC, et al. Retrograde suction decompression of giant paraclinoid aneurysms using a No. 7 French balloon-containing guide catheter. Technical note. Journal of neurosurgery. Sep 2006;105(3):479-481.
17. Batjer HH, Samson DS. Retrograde suction decompression of giant paraclinoidal aneurysms. Technical note. Journal of neurosurgery. Aug 1990;73(2):305-306.
18. Bendok BR, Gupta DK, Rahme RJ, et al. Adenosine for temporary flow arrest during intracranial aneurysm surgery: a single-center retrospective review. Neurosurgery. Oct 2011;69(4):815-820; discussion 820-811.
19. Aoun SG, Welch BG, Pride LG, et al. Contribution of whole platelet aggregometry to the endovascular management of unruptured aneurysms: an institutional experience. J Neurointerv Surg. Oct 2017;9(10):974-977.
20. Park MS, Kilburg C, Taussky P, et al. Pipeline Embolization Device with or without Adjunctive Coil Embolization: Analysis of Complications from the IntrePED Registry. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. Jan 14 2016.
21. Chalouhi N, Zanaty M, Jabbour PM, et al. Intracerebral hemorrhage after pipeline embolization: Management of antiplatelet agents and the case for point-of-care testing--case reports and review of literature. Clinical neurology and neurosurgery. Sep 2014;124:21-24.
22. Spetzler RF, McDougall CG, Zabramski JM, et al. The Barrow Ruptured Aneurysm Trial: 6-year results. Journal of neurosurgery. Sep 2015;123(3):609-617.
23. Zhu Y, Pan J, Shen J, et al. Clinical and Radiological Outcomes After Treatment of Unruptured Paraophthalmic Internal Carotid Artery Aneurysms: a Comparative and Pooled Analysis of Single-Center Experiences. World neurosurgery. Dec 2015;84(6):1726-1738.
24. Clark JC, Spetzler RF. Dealing with the aneurysmal remnants after endovascular treatment. World neurosurgery. Feb 2015;83(2):149-151.
25. Raco A, Frati A, Santoro A, et al. Long-term surgical results with aneurysms involving the ophthalmic segment of the carotid artery. Journal of neurosurgery. Jun 2008;108(6):1200-1210.
26. Fulkerson DH, Horner TG, Payner TD, et al. Results, outcomes, and follow-up of remnants in the treatment of ophthalmic aneurysms: a 16-year experience of a combined neurosurgical and endovascular team. Neurosurgery. Feb 2009;64(2):218-229; discussion 229-230.
27. Colli BO, Carlotti CG, Jr., Assirati JA, Jr., Abud DG, Amato MC, Dezena RA. Results of microsurgical treatment of paraclinoid carotid aneurysms. Neurosurg Rev. Jan 2013;36(1):99-114; discussion 114-115.
28. Molyneux AJ, Birks J, Clarke A, Sneade M, Kerr RS. The durability of endovascular coiling versus neurosurgical clipping of ruptured cerebral aneurysms: 18 year follow-up of the UK cohort of the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT). Lancet (London, England). Feb 21 2015;385(9969):691-697.
29. Di Maria F, Pistocchi S, Clarencon F, et al. Flow Diversion versus Standard Endovascular Techniques for the Treatment of Unruptured Carotid-Ophthalmic Aneurysms. AJNR. American journal of neuroradiology. Dec 2015;36(12):2325-2330.
30. Lai LT, Morgan MK. Outcomes for unruptured ophthalmic segment aneurysm surgery. Journal of clinical neuroscience : official journal of the Neurosurgical Society of Australasia. Aug 2013;20(8):1127-1133.
31. Brouillard AM, Sun X, Siddiqui AH, Lin N. The Use of Flow Diversion for the Treatment of Intracranial Aneurysms: Expansion of Indications. Cureus. 2016;8(1):e472.
32. Griessenauer CJ, Ogilvy CS, Foreman PM, et al. Pipeline Embolization Device for Small Intracranial Aneurysms: Evaluation of Safety and Efficacy in a Multicenter Cohort. Neurosurgery. Aug 01 2016.