References: 1. Levine GN, Bates ER, Bittl JA, et al. 2016 ACC/AHA Guideline Focused Update on Duration of Dual Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease: A Report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines: An Update of the 2011 ACCF/AHA/SCAI Guideline for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, 2011 ACCF/AHA Guideline for Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery, 2012 ACC/AHA/ACP/AATS/PCNA/SCAI/STS Guideline for the Diagnosis and Management of Patients With Stable Ischemic Heart Disease, 2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction, 2014 AHA/ACC Guideline for the Management of Patients With Non–ST-Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes, and 2014 ACC/AHA Guideline on Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation and Management of Patients Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery. Circulation. 2016;134(10):e123-e155.
2. Singla S, Sachdeva R, Uretsky BF. The Risk of Adverse Cardiac and Bleeding Events Following Noncardiac Surgery Relative to Antiplatelet Therapy in Patients With Prior Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60(20):2005-2016.
3. Roth E, Purnell C, Shabalov O, Moguillansky D, Hernandez CA, Elnicki M. Perioperative Management of a Patient with Recently Placed Drug-Eluting Stents Requiring Urgent Spinal Surgery. J Gen Intern Med. 2012;27(8):1080-1083.
4. Song JW, Soh S, Shim J-K. Dual antiplatelet therapy and non-cardiac surgery: evolving issues and anesthetic implications. Korean J Anesthesiol. 2017;70(1):13-21.
5. Angiolillo DJ, Firstenberg MS, Price MJ, et al. Bridging antiplatelet therapy with cangrelor in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2012;307(3):265-274.
6. Voeltz MD, Manoukian SV. Cangrelor in patients undergoing cardiac surgery: the BRIDGE study. Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2013;11(7):811-816.
7. Dimitrova G, Tulman DB, Bergese SD. Perioperative management of antiplatelet therapy in patients with drug-eluting stents. HSR Proc Intensive Care Cardiovasc Anesth. 2012;4(3):153-167.
8. Ackman ML, Bucci C, Callaghan M, et al. A pharmacist’s guide to the 2012 update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Use of Antiplatelet Therapy. Can Pharm J CPJ. 2015;148(2):71-81.
9. Lazaro VL. 2014 PHA Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Patients with Coronary Heart Disease. ASEAN Heart J Off J ASEAN Fed Cardiol. 2016;24.
10. Joner M, Finn AV, Farb A, et al. Pathology of drug-eluting stents in humans: delayed healing and late thrombotic risk. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2006;48(1):193-202.
11. Kaluza GL, Joseph J, Lee JR, Raizner ME, Raizner AE. Catastrophic outcomes of noncardiac surgery soon after coronary stenting. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000;35(5):1288-1294.
12. Wilson SH, Fasseas P, Orford JL, et al. Clinical outcome of patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery in the two months following coronary stenting. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2003;42(2):234-240.
13. Choi CU, Rha S-W, Jin Z, et al. The optimal timing for non-cardiac surgery after percutaneous coronary intervention with drug-eluting stents. Int J Cardiol. 2010;139(3):313-316.
14. van Kuijk J-P, Flu W-J, Schouten O, et al. Timing of noncardiac surgery after coronary artery stenting with bare metal or drug-eluting stents. Am J Cardiol. 2009;104(9):1229-1234.
15. Brotman DJ, Bakhru M, Saber W, et al. Discontinuation of antiplatelet therapy prior to low-risk noncardiac surgery in patients with drug-eluting stents: a retrospective cohort study. J Hosp Med. 2007;2(6):378-384.
16. Assali A, Vaknin-Assa H, Lev E, et al. The risk of cardiac complications following noncardiac surgery in patients with drug eluting stents implanted at least six months before surgery. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2009;74(6):837-843.
17. Hawn MT, Graham LA, Richman JS, Itani KMF, Henderson WG, Maddox TM. Risk of major adverse cardiac events following noncardiac surgery in patients with coronary stents. JAMA. 2013;310(14):1462-1472.
18. Gurbel PA, DiChiara J, Tantry US. Antiplatelet Therapy After Implantation of Drug-Eluting Stents: Duration, Resistance, Alternatives, and Management of Surgical Patients. Am J Cardiol. 2007;100(8):S18-S25.
19. Jain R, Sood J. Antiplatelet therapy in patients with coronary artery stents for noncardiac surgery: Role of thromboelastography. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2011;27(4):537-540.
20. He S, Feng H, Lan Z, et al. A Randomized Trial Comparing Clinical Outcomes Between Zero-Profile and Traditional Multilevel Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion Surgery for Cervical Myelopathy. Spine. 2018;43(5):E259-E266.
21. Andaluz N, Zuccarello M, Kuntz C. Long-term follow-up of cervical radiographic sagittal spinal alignment after 1- and 2-level cervical corpectomy for the treatment of spondylosis of the subaxial cervical spine causing radiculomyelopathy or myelopathy: a retrospective study. J Neurosurg Spine. 2012;16(1):2-7.
22. Zeng J, Duan Y, Yang Y, et al. Anterior corpectomy and reconstruction using dynamic cervical plate and titanium mesh cage for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: A minimum 5-year follow-up study. Medicine (Baltimore). 2018;97(5):e9724.
23. Wang T, Wang H, Liu S, An H-D, Liu H, Ding W-Y. Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion versus anterior cervical corpectomy and fusion in multilevel cervical spondylotic myelopathy: A meta-analysis. Medicine (Baltimore). 2016;95(49):e5437.
24. Liu J-M, Peng H-W, Liu Z-L, Long X-H, Yu Y-Q, Huang S-H. Hybrid Decompression Technique Versus Anterior Cervical Corpectomy and Fusion for Treating Multilevel Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: Which One Is Better? World Neurosurg. 2015;84(6):2022-2029.
25. Kadanka Z, Bednarík J, Vohánka S, et al. Conservative treatment versus surgery in spondylotic cervical myelopathy: a prospective randomised study. Eur Spine J. 2000;9(6):538-544.
26. Zhang C, Wang G, Liu X, Li Y, Sun J. Safety of continuing aspirin therapy during spinal surgery. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96(46).
27. Yamamoto K, Wada H, Sakakura K, et al. Cardiovascular and bleeding risk of non-cardiac surgery in patients on antiplatelet therapy. J Cardiol. 2014;64(5):334-338.
28. Smilowitz NR, Oberweis BS, Nukala S, et al. Perioperative antiplatelet therapy and cardiovascular outcomes in patients undergoing joint and spine surgery. J Clin Anesth. 2016;35:163-169.
29. Akhavan-Sigari R, Rohde V, Abili M. Continuation of medically necessary platelet aggregation inhibitors - acetylsalicylic acid and clopidogrel - during surgery for spinal degenerative disorders: Results in 100 patients. Surg Neurol Int. 2014;5(Suppl 7):S376-S379.
30. Gerschutz GP, Bhatt DL. The CURE trial: using clopidogrel in acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevation. Cleve Clin J Med. 2002;69(5):377-378, 380, 382 passim.
31. The Clopidogrel in Unstable Angina to Prevent Recurrent Events Trial Investigators. Effects of Clopidogrel in Addition to Aspirin in Patients with Acute Coronary Syndromes without ST-Segment Elevation. N Engl J Med. 2001;345(7):494-502.
32. Marcos EG, Fonseca ACD, Hofma SH. Bridging therapy for early surgery in patients on dual antiplatelet therapy after drug-eluting stent implantation. Neth Heart J. 2011;19(10):412-417.
33. Albaladejo P, Marret E, Samama C-M, et al. Non-cardiac surgery in patients with coronary stents: the RECO study. Heart. 2011;97(19):1566-1572.
34. Broad L, Lee T, Conroy M, et al. Successful management of patients with a drug-eluting coronary stent presenting for elective, non-cardiac surgery. Br J Anaesth. 2007;98(1):19-22.
35. Abualsaud AO, Eisenberg MJ. Perioperative management of patients with drug-eluting stents. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2010;3(2):131-142.
36. Bhatt SH, Hauser TH. Very late stent thrombosis after dual antiplatelet therapy discontinuation in a patient with a history of acute stent thrombosis. Ann Pharmacother. 2008;42(5):708-712.
37. De Luca L, Colivicchi F, Gulizia MM, et al. Clinical pathways and management of antithrombotic therapy in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS): a Consensus Document from the Italian Association of Hospital Cardiologists (ANMCO), Italian Society of Cardiology (SIC), Italian Society of Emergency Medicine (SIMEU) and Italian Society of Interventional Cardiology (SICI-GISE). Eur Heart J Suppl J Eur Soc Cardiol. 2017;19(Suppl D):D130-D150.
38. Tanaka A, Ishii H, Tatami Y, et al. Unfractionated Heparin during the Interruption of Antiplatelet Therapy for Non-cardiac Surgery after Drug-eluting Stent Implantation. Intern Med Tokyo Jpn. 2016;55(4):333-337.
39. Capodanno D, Musumeci G, Lettieri C, et al. Impact of bridging with perioperative low-molecular-weight heparin on cardiac and bleeding outcomes of stented patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery. Thromb Haemost. 2015;114(2):423-431.
40. Marcano AL, Ferreiro JL. Role of New Antiplatelet Drugs on Cardiovascular Disease: Update on Cangrelor. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2016;18(11):66.
41. Bhatt DL, Lincoff AM, Gibson CM, et al. Intravenous platelet blockade with cangrelor during PCI. N Engl J Med. 2009;361(24):2330-2341.
42. Bhatt DL, Stone GW, Mahaffey KW, et al. Effect of platelet inhibition with cangrelor during PCI on ischemic events. N Engl J Med. 2013;368(14):1303-1313.
43. Waite LH, Phan YL, Spinler SA. Cangrelor: a novel intravenous antiplatelet agent with a questionable future. Pharmacotherapy. 2014;34(10):1061-1076.
44. Sibbing D, Kastrati A, Berger PB. Pre-treatment with P2Y12 inhibitors in ACS patients: who, when, why, and which agent? Eur Heart J. 2016;37(16):1284-1295.
45. Coronary revascularisation: Cangrelor | Guidance and guidelines | NICE.
46. Nicholson G, Cyr P, Fan W, Plent S. Direct Medical Cost Comparison Between Patients Receiving Cangrelor And Clopidogrel During Percutaneous Coronary Intervention: Champion Phoenix Economic Sub-Study Results. Value Health. 2015;18(3):A148.
47. Franchi F, Rollini F, Park Y, Angiolillo DJ. Novel Antiplatelet Agents: The Current State and What Is Coming Down the Pike. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2015;58(3):267-277.
48. Shekelle P, Gibbons MM, Ulloa JG, et al. Management of Antiplatelet Therapy Among Patients on Antiplatelet Therapy for Coronary or Cerebrovascular Disease or with Prior Percutaneous Cardiac Interventions Undergoing Elective Surgery: A Systematic Review. Washington (DC): Department of Veterans Affairs (US); 2017.
49. Azmoon S, Angiolillo DJ. Switching antiplatelet regimens: alternatives to clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndrome undergoing PCI: a review of the literature and practical considerations for the interventional cardiologist. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv Off J Soc Card Angiogr Interv. 2013;81(2):232-242.
50. Darvish-Kazem S, Douketis JD. Perioperative management of patients having noncardiac surgery who are receiving anticoagulant or antiplatelet therapy: an evidence-based but practical approach. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2012;38(7):652-660.
51. Childers CP, Maggard-Gibbons M, Ulloa JG, et al. Perioperative management of antiplatelet therapy in patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery following coronary stent placement: a systematic review. Syst Rev. 2018;7(1):4.