1. Charles NA, Holland EC, Gilbertson R, Glass R, Kettenmann H. The brain tumor microenvironment. Glia. Aug 2011;59(8):1169-1180.
2. Lorger M. Tumor microenvironment in the brain. Cancers. 2012;4(1):218-243.
3. Bellail AC, Hunter SB, Brat DJ, Tan C, Van Meir EG. Microregional extracellular matrix heterogeneity in brain modulates glioma cell invasion. The international journal of biochemistry & cell biology. Jun 2004;36(6):1046-1069.
4. Korkaya H, Liu S, Wicha MS. Regulation of cancer stem cells by cytokine networks: attacking cancer's inflammatory roots. Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research. Oct 1 2011;17(19):6125-6129.
5. Zamecnik J. The extracellular space and matrix of gliomas. Acta neuropathologica. Nov 2005;110(5):435-442.
6. Brellier F, Chiquet-Ehrismann R. How do tenascins influence the birth and life of a malignant cell? Journal of cellular and molecular medicine. Jan 2012;16(1):32-40.
7. Behrem S, Zarkovic K, Eskinja N, Jonjic N. Distribution pattern of tenascin-C in glioblastoma: correlation with angiogenesis and tumor cell proliferation. Pathology oncology research : POR. 2005;11(4):229-235.
8. Leins A, Riva P, Lindstedt R, Davidoff MS, Mehraein P, Weis S. Expression of tenascin-C in various human brain tumors and its relevance for survival in patients with astrocytoma. Cancer. Dec 1 2003;98(11):2430-2439.
9. Brosicke N, van Landeghem FK, Scheffler B, Faissner A. Tenascin-C is expressed by human glioma in vivo and shows a strong association with tumor blood vessels. Cell and tissue research. Nov 2013;354(2):409-430.
10. Varga I, Hutoczki G, Szemcsak CD, et al. Brevican, neurocan, tenascin-C and versican are mainly responsible for the invasiveness of low-grade astrocytoma. Pathology oncology research : POR. Apr 2012;18(2):413-420.
11. Singh SK, Hawkins C, Clarke ID, et al. Identification of human brain tumour initiating cells. Nature. Nov 18 2004;432(7015):396-401.
12. Huang Z, Cheng L, Guryanova OA, Wu Q, Bao S. Cancer stem cells in glioblastoma--molecular signaling and therapeutic targeting. Protein & cell. Jul 2010;1(7):638-655.
13. Bar EE, Chaudhry A, Lin A, et al. Cyclopamine-mediated hedgehog pathway inhibition depletes stem-like cancer cells in glioblastoma. Stem Cells. Oct 2007;25(10):2524-2533.
14. Sun P, Xia S, Lal B, et al. DNER, an epigenetically modulated gene, regulates glioblastoma-derived neurosphere cell differentiation and tumor propagation. Stem Cells. Jul 2009;27(7):1473-1486.
15. Ying M, Wang S, Sang Y, et al. Regulation of glioblastoma stem cells by retinoic acid: role for Notch pathway inhibition. Oncogene. Aug 4 2011;30(31):3454-3467.
16. Bao S, Wu Q, McLendon RE, et al. Glioma stem cells promote radioresistance by preferential activation of the DNA damage response. Nature. Dec 7 2006;444(7120):756-760.
17. Cheng L, Huang Z, Zhou W, et al. Glioblastoma stem cells generate vascular pericytes to support vessel function and tumor growth. Cell. Mar 28 2013;153(1):139-152.
18. Ying M, Sang Y, Li Y, et al. Kruppel-like family of transcription factor 9, a differentiation-associated transcription factor, suppresses Notch1 signaling and inhibits glioblastoma-initiating stem cells. Stem Cells. Jan 2011;29(1):20-31.
19. Chiquet-Ehrismann R, Matsuoka Y, Hofer U, Spring J, Bernasconi C, Chiquet M. Tenascin variants: differential binding to fibronectin and distinct distribution in cell cultures and tissues. Cell regulation. Nov 1991;2(11):927-938.
20. Pollard SM, Yoshikawa K, Clarke ID, et al. Glioma stem cell lines expanded in adherent culture have tumor-specific phenotypes and are suitable for chemical and genetic screens. Cell stem cell. Jun 5 2009;4(6):568-580.
21. Galli R, Binda E, Orfanelli U, et al. Isolation and characterization of tumorigenic, stem-like neural precursors from human glioblastoma. Cancer research. Oct 1 2004;64(19):7011-7021.
22. Hirata E, Arakawa Y, Shirahata M, et al. Endogenous tenascin-C enhances glioblastoma invasion with reactive change of surrounding brain tissue. Cancer science. Aug 2009;100(8):1451-1459.
23. Kim MY, Kim OR, Choi YS, et al. Selection and characterization of tenascin C targeting peptide. Molecules and cells. Jan 2012;33(1):71-77.
24. Rolle K, Nowak S, Wyszko E, et al. Promising human brain tumors therapy with interference RNA intervention (iRNAi). Cancer biology & therapy. Mar 1 2010;9(5):396-406.
25. Zukiel R, Nowak S, Wyszko E, et al. Suppression of human brain tumor with interference RNA specific for tenascin-C. Cancer biology & therapy. Aug 2006;5(8):1002-1007.