2018 Acute Stroke Care Symposium - Houston
Event Date:Friday, June 22, 2018 (All day)
About the Event:
Gavin Britz, P. Roc Chen, Peter Kan
This symposium brings the entire neurocritical care team together to improve outcomes in patients with acute ischemic stroke by improving triage and medical management of neurological emergencies. Large group sessions will address latest guidelines, protocols and workflow impacting stroke care, as well as novel diagnostic modalities and the impact of telestroke. Small-group breakout sessions will address specific challenges in early diagnosis, imaging, medical management, surgical care and administrative issues related to stroke center certification.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify critical diagnostic indicators for acute stroke.
- Understand the latest guidelines for acute stroke management.
- Describe criteria for identifying patients for transfer to a Certified Stroke Center.
- Describe administrative requirements for stroke center development and certification.
- Outline appropriate medical management prior to IV TPA or endovascular treatment.
- Describe best practice procedural management and systems of care for acute ischemic stroke.
Who Should Attend:
- Stroke care medical professionals
- Critical Care and ED Nurses
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Stroke care teams from hospitals that feed into the major Comprehensive Stroke Care Centers
The CNS designates this live activity for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
|Registration Category||Before June 8, 2018||After June 8, 2018|