Health and Safety Resources at the 2021 CNS Annual Meeting
Your safety is our priority. The CNS is working hard with our vendor partners to ensure all necessary safety measures are in place and we are committed to creating a safe and healthy environment for our attendees. The CNS continues to monitor the current health situation and plans to have social distance/guidelines in place for the 2021 Annual Meeting. The Austin Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. The CNS will follow the dedicated action plan for the Austin Convention Center and adhere to guidelines published by the Centers for Disease Control, the city of Austin, and the state of Texas.
The headquarters hotel, the JW Marriott Austin, adheres to their own “Commitment to Clean” protocols.
Information on COVID-19 resources in the city of Austin can be found on the Visit Austin Health and Safety page, which is updated regularly as additional information from community partners is collected.
We are all working together to help keep meeting attendees safe!
On-site Safety Precautions
- Attendees are asked to correctly and consistently wear a mask that completely covers their nose and mouth at all times. Attendees should plan to bring a mask with them to the CNS Annual Meeting. If a mask is misplaced or forgotten, one will be provided.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the Austin Convention Center and hotels.
- Attendees are requested to follow appropriate social distancing practices and remain 6 feet apart from others. The CNS will continue to work with the Austin Convention Center to ensure that the 2021 Annual Meeting complies with state and local physical distancing requirements.
- Close gathering and crowds should be avoided.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged.
- Refrain from attending official CNS Annual Meeting activities if you have signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or if you think you may have been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- A continual cleaning and disinfecting routine will be enforced throughout the Austin Convention Center during event hours and overnight, especially in high-touch areas.
- Restrooms will be regularly and thoroughly disinfected during event hours.
- A continuous review of COVID-19 cleaning protocols will be done by the CNS, official meeting hotels, the Austin Convention Center, and social event venues.
Thank you for working with us to ensure the safety and well-being of yourself and those around you at the 2021 CNS Annual Meeting.
Global Biorisk Advisory Council® STAR™ Accreditation
The Austin Convention Center has achieved Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, the Austin Convention Center Department has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention for the facility.
As the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR™ helps organizations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training, and assesses a facility’s readiness for biorisk situations. The program will verify that the Austin Convention Center Department is implementing best practices to prepare the staff and buildings for future meetings and events.
“The GBAC STAR™ facility accreditation is a performance-based program that certifies that the Austin Convention Center continues to protect our staff and visitors, as we are equipped and ready to safely welcome back in-person events,” said Trisha Tatro, Austin Convention Center Department Interim Director. “Our staff has worked extremely hard to operate using specific procedures and protocols to best prepare, protect, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics.”
To achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation, the Austin Convention Center will demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. Learn more about GBAC STAR accreditation at www.gbac.org.
Along with reaching a higher level of cleaning and disinfection, the Austin Convention Center Department has purchased new sanitation equipment and uses the following products:
- Stearns® ONE PACKS Mark E II Disinfectant/Deodorizer and multipurpose, neutral pH, hospital-grade quaternary, a one-step germicide, detergent, deodorizer, fungicide, and virucide
- Usage of four Sentry 4 UV stand-alone disinfection machines that emit full spectrum UV light to eliminate up to 99.9% of the bacteria, fungi, and viruses in the space, and limit the growth of fungi
- Ordered handheld electrostatic sprayers: Victory Sprayers’ patented technology provides an electrical charge to solutions, allowing them to wrap conductive surfaces with an effective and even coverage; these machines reduce cross-contamination due to their touchless application
- Equipment will be sanitized before the start of each event and at the end of each day