CNS Foundation Innovation Fellowship
Up to $10,000
To support future neurosurgical educators in pursuit of new training modalities, including the development of neurosurgical simulators, novel web-based technologies, or other surgical training innovations.
The fellowship is open to all neurosurgical residents, fellows and fully trained neurosurgeons at any stage of their career. The fellow will spend 12 months under the direction of a specific sponsor on a defined project as relevant to training.
The amount of support will depend on the location and duration of the fellowship. Detailed budget justification and an account of expenses incurred following completion of the fellowship are required. Residents will not be paid extra salary support that is already covered by the clinical residency program. In addition to the budgeted expenses, the CNS will extend complimentary CNS Annual Meeting registration.
Complete the application requirements listed below:
- Complete the online CNS Fellowship Application form.
- Include a detailed description of the grant project.
- Include applicant's curriculum vitae.
- Include personal statement detailing the reasons for pursuing the fellowship and plans thereafter.
- Include detailed budget plan for the proposed fellowship expenses and salary justification costs.
- Attach a letter of support written by the proposed sponsor and a biographical sketch of the sponsor.
- If the applicant is a resident, attach a letter from the program director supporting the application. In addition, residents must print a copy of the confirmation page in Section One of the application and obtain the signature of their program director to be mailed or faxed to the CNS.
- Attach two letters of support from neurosurgeons or other professional medical references familiar with the applicant and his/her goals and commitment.
- Attach any reprints of previous publications by the applicant that are pertinent to the application.
- Attach a headshot photograph.
- Apply for Membership to the CNS.
2016-2017 Fellowship Application Deadline has passed. The deadline was February 1, 2016, at 11:00 PM CST.