CNS Seal of Approval
The CNS has made a commitment to work collaboratively with other organizations to advance the education of neurosurgeons and other neurosurgical professionals and to make it easier for member neurosurgeons to find education that meets the same rigorous standards the CNS has in place for its own educational activities.
The CNS was awarded the six-year ACCME Accreditation with Commendation for continuing medical education and is proud to be among the elite group of committed educators recognized with this commendation. We invite you to apply for the CNS Approval Seal for your educational activity.
Criteria for CNS approval of an educational activity are as follows:
- The activity must serve to maintain, develop, or increase the knowledge, skills and professional performance and relationships that a neurosurgeon uses to provide services for patients, the public, or the profession.
- It must be a unique project that will promote the mission of the CNS.
- It must take place in the United States or Canada.
- It cannot conflict with any CNS educational activities or products.
- The activity cannot be created or influenced by a commercial interest.
- A copy of the preliminary educational program
- A copy of any promotional material for the activity
- A $100 application fee, which is non-refundable if not approved, but will applied toward the $500 fee if approved
The non-refundable fee for approval of each educational activity occurrence is $500 and includes:
- One-time use of the CNS Approval Seal for an educational activity on marketing materials along with the following statement: This educational activity has been approved by the Congress of Neurological Surgeons as relevant to the practice of neurological surgery
- A listing with the CNS Approval Seal on the CNS website, www.cns.org
Allow a minimum of six weeks to process your request. Applications will not be processed until all items listed above have been submitted to the CNS.