The application period for 2021 is now open. Please click here to submit your application.
The CNS/CSNS Medical Student Fellowship in Socioeconomic Research is meant to assist a medical student conducting research on a socioeconomic issue impacting neurosurgical practice. This fellowship award is sponsored by the Council of State Neurological Societies.
The fellowship is open to all medical students in the United States or Canada. The fellow will spend 8 to 10 weeks conducting supervised research on a socioeconomic topic of importance to neurosurgery.
Fellowship applications are due April 30, 2021.
The application form can be found here.
Award selection will take place by May 31, 2021
Financial support is exclusively for stipend support to the student.
The fellow must submit a final report to the Fellowship Committee by July 30, 2021 for presentation at the AANS Annual Meeting. Any publications resulting from supported research must acknowledge the support.
Note: If you are not able to attend the AANS Annual Meeting (August 21-25, 2021 in Orlando, FL), you will still need to submit a report and presentation to the CSNS to be presented during the Vice Chair report.
Award Amount: $2,500
Selection Criteria: Fellowship applications will be judged on:
- Originality of proposed project.
- Significance to neurosurgery of project.
- Feasibility of project completion.
- Applicant’s qualifications.
- Mentor’s qualifications.
- Institutional resources.
- Complete the online CNS/CSNS Medical Student Summer Fellowship Application form.
- Include applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- Include proposed mentor’s curriculum vitae.
- Attach two letters of support.
- Attach a headshot photograph.
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
10 N. Martingale Road, Suite 190
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Toll Free: 877-517-1CNS