We are thrilled to invite your neurosurgical residency program to participate in the 2018 CNS SANS Challenge competition! The SANS Challenge qualifying exam is held as a team event to build camaraderie, better provide feedback, and increase participation. Please share this flyer with your colleagues.
Qualifying exam instructions:
- Each program is allowed to submit one exam between now and the May 16, 2018 deadline.
- There are 100 questions on the exam and your team has 35 minutes to submit as many correct answers as they can. We recommend using a projector and setting aside one hour of conference time.
- A CNS member must log on here to access the exam.
- As soon as you click “Launch,” the 35-minute timer begins.
The eight programs with the top scores will participate in the live, on-site SANS Challenge at the 2018 CNS Annual Meeting, October 6–10, in Houston, Texas. The live challenge will have multiple prequalifying rounds, followed by a 45-minute final round where the top teams will compete for indisputable SANS bragging rights, trophies, and cash prizes!
Annual Meeting SANS Challenge schedule:
- Sunday, October 7, 1:00–3:00 pm: CNS Resident SANS Challenge Preliminary Rounds
- Tuesday, October 9, 1:45–2:45 pm: CNS Resident SANS Challenge Championship Round
Qualifying programs will be notified by June 6, 2018, to allow time to assemble teams of two residents and one faculty member, and make travel arrangements.
The SANS Challenge exams reflect a milestones-based assessment, use peer-vetted questions, and ultimately accurately represent the high educational standards SANS has brought to neurosurgery self-assessment and education for more than a decade.
We hope you and your program will participate in this entertaining tradition!