New updates on the Guidelines for Spine will be discussed. All neurosurgeons should be knowledgeable of these updates. Authors will present key elements in order to equip you with what you need to know, and a panel of experts will comment on the guidelines of these guidelines.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the management guidelines regarding medical management of traumatic thoracic and lumbar spine fractures.
- Evaluate the management guidelines regarding operative versus non-operative treatment for traumatic thoracic and lumbar spine fractures.
- Assess the management guidelines regarding timing of surgical intervention for traumatic thoracic and lumbar spine fractures.
- Discuss the management guidelines regarding surgical approaches for the management of traumatic thoracic and lumbar fractures.
- Review the management guidelines regarding novel surgical strategies for traumatic thoracic and lumbar spine fractures for further perspective.
- Summarize current guidelines related to surgical management of degenerative thoracic spine disease.
- Apply these protocols and data to the care of cervical spine injured patients in their practice.
7:00–7:15 am The Swedish Spondylolisthesis Study Results and Critiques
Majorie C. Wang
7:15–7:30 am The SLIP Study: Was it Powered to Show a Difference in the Use of Fusion for Spondylolisthesis?
7:30–7:45 am What is N2QOD Teaching Us Regarding Lumbar Spondylolisthesis Treatment?
Erica Fay Bisson
7:45–8:00 am What do the Lumbar Fusion Guidelines Say About Spondylolisthesis?
Michael G. Kaiser
8:00–8:15 am How to Synthesize Existing Data on Spondylolisthesis Treatment Decision Making
Daniel K. Resnick
8:15–8:30 am Minimally Invasive Deformity Surgery Guidelines
Kai-Ming G. Fu
Erica Fay Bisson, Kai-Ming G. Fu, Zoher Ghogawala, Michael G. Kaiser, Daniel K. Resnick, Marjorie C. Wang