The latest updates in Guidelines for Neurotrauma will be discussed. All neurosurgeons should be knowledgeable of the recent updates. Authors will present key elements in order to fully equip you with what you need to know, and a panel of experts will comment on the guidelines for further perspective. Don't miss out on this chance to get an essential summary and expert perspective on these guidelines.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current management guidelines regarding ICP monitoring for severe traumatic brain injury.
- Review current management guidelines regarding hypothermia for severe traumatic brain injury.
- Discuss current management guidelines regarding thresholds for surgery for severe traumatic brain injury.
- Determine current management guidelines regarding DVT prophylaxis for severe traumatic brain injury.
- Apply these guidelines in their management of patients with neurotrauma.
- Analyze the most up-to-date guidelines on traumatic brain injury.
7:00–7:15 am Traumatic Brain Injury (Surgical)
Gregory W.J. Hawryluk
7:15–7:30 am Traumatic Brain Injury (Non-surgical)
Patricia B. Raksin
7:30–7:45 am Traumatic Brain Injury (Pediatric)
Mark R. Proctor
7:45–8:00 am Cervical Spine
Sanjay S. Dhall
8:00–8:15 am Thoracolumbar Spine
Timothy C. Ryken
8:15–8:30 am International Practices
Deepak Kumar Gupta
Sanjay S. Dhall, Deepak Kumar Gupta, Gregory W.J. Hawryluk, Mark R. Proctor, Patricia B. Raksin, Timothy C. Ryken