IT Project Manager
The Congress of Neurological Surgeons exists to enhance health and improve lives worldwide through the advancement of education and scientific exchange. With its volunteers and staff of professionals, the CNS serves over 9,100 domestic and international members. The CNS benefits program includes a generous holiday/time off policy as well as health, vision and dental coverage, ST/LT/Life, EAP, 401(k) benefits, flextime and telecommuting program.
The following staff position(s) are available.
IT Project Manager
Primary responsibility for CNS IT systems and technology project management. IT systems include internal and externally hosted platforms. Project Management includes a variety of information technology project and support duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services to CNS staff and membership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Project Management
- Responsible for enhancing IT services and managing the development and execution of plans with external project dependencies.
- Collaborates directly with partners, staff and other stakeholders to determine project scope/specifications and to develop and deploy effective technical solutions.
- Ensures quality delivery of hardware and software solutions by managing all third party consultants/administrators in the project implementation activities according to plans and within budget.
- Implements best practice processes, standards and quality controls that increase the CNS operational maturity, operational performance, project delivery and software quality.
- Collaborates with IT, staff and 3rd party developers to produce software design, development, system and data flow analysis, detailed dataflow diagrams, structures and charts.
- Co-develop business contingency plan
- Occasional website support (Drupal)
- In the absence of the receptionist and/or back-up, answers, screens, and transfers incoming phone calls as needed.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of three years’ experience in project management and general business analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science preferred or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate SQL skills.
- QA skills in cross-browser compatibility, unit testing and debugging tools.
- Possess an understanding of the life cycle of a technology project and is capable of keeping projects within scope and budget while staying on the timeline.
- Strong computer skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to develop a cohesive team and utilize the diverse abilities of staff.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com